- ALL Battlezone owners will be upgraded to the GOLD edition.
- Battlezone Gold will include the game, Classic Mode and all released tank skins, and bobbleheads.
- This will mean that owners of the game will get all the DLC and play without VR FREE!
- VR and non-VR players can play co-op together!
- "Play Again" button added to the end of a campaign.
- Healing shards are now present in a Nemesis Duel.
- Updated Radar
- Improved messaging when using team lives. (Respawn progress now slows down if being healed by an ally)
- Updated weapon behaviours.
- Balanced end of level rewards.
- Improved AI pathfinding.
- Increased chance of different environments throughout a campaign.
- Radial Weapons no longer occluded by geometry.
- Combo kills now retrigger in the same level.
- Jets now count for combo kills.
- Health shards will now return more health.
- Hacker tank rebalanced.
- Various smaller balance tweaks, bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Mouse and Keyboard support added.
- Text chat added.
- Added support for direct input controllers which should include the vast majority of flight stick, HOTAS controllers and older gamepads. Due to the sheer variability of these controllers, customising your controls is required before attempting to play. Note that direct input controllers aren’t currently supported in classic mode - apologies for the inconvenience but we wanted to get controller support for the main game to you as soon as possible.
- Further improvements to voice chat quality on Steam.
- Further improvements to jet pathfinding.
- Improved UI messaging when the player is dead/being revived to discourage unnecessary use of lives. We’re aware that new players aren’t always aware that campaign lives are shared and we’re hoping that this will help to discourage premature respawning.
- Fixed a bug where artillery shells would sometimes split prematurely, causing them to spread more than intended.
- Tweaked artillery shell splitting. This change should make artillery hit the intended target more reliably. This, coupled with the above fix, should make the higher-level artillery weapons more viable.
- Fixed a bug where Steam achievement progress was not being updated.
A minor tweak sneaked into v1.06 hotfix 1 but didn’t make patch notes:
- Increased time the respawn button must be held for while a player is being revived. This is intended to discourage players from respawning while they’re being revived.
We’ve added a couple of requested options and fixed a couple of issues that have come up since launch.
- Added ‘Comfort’ menu with a single option, Peripheral Vision Reduction, which reduces the viewing area whilst turning in order to mitigate motion sickness. This option has three levels, Low, Medium and High. Feedback on this feature is very welcome.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a friendly convoy to not move on a convoy escort mission on Industrial levels.
- Added an option, DisableHMDMask, to GraphicsOptions.ini (found in AppData/Local/Battlezone) to disable the HMD masking when using Vive headsets to make it easier to capturing gameplay footage. This will negatively affect performance so should only be used if you’re confident your system can maintain framerate.
- Attempted fix for OpenVR headsets. Should enable users with HDK2.0, etc. to play.
- Various localisation fixes.
This is a small (Steam only) update to address some quality-of-life issues that have cropped up since launch.
- Fixed an issue where DS4 controllers would stop working after entering classic mode.
- Fixed an issue in the Customisation menu where the Buy button would not function.
- Play on both Beginner and Extreme difficulties
- King Cobra...
- Unlock all new tank loadouts - Sniper, Medic and Support
New weapon & enemy type
- Destroy enemies from a distance with the powerful new Railgun
- Keep your eye to the skies and watch out for the new fast-moving Jet
New purchasable tank customization options
- Safari skins
- All new bobbleheads now available – including Rogue Trooper & Judge Death
Updated campaign content
- New levels & missions added
New field manual entries
Various performance optimizations and bug fixes
Classic Mode now available
Field Manual now available
- Both Classic Mode and Field Manual available via Extras Menu
Updated campaign content
- New maps, missions and events
- Health crystals in single-player as additional means of restoring health
- Hints will display upon death
- HUD colour options added to Settings Menu
Bug fixes and optimizations
- Fixed a bug where hoppers sometimes got stuck in level geometry
- Reduced projectile-based lag when not hosting in online co-op
- Various performance optimizations
Added purchasable tank customization options
- New skins, bobbleheads and horns now available to purchase
Added PS4 Pro support
- Note for PS4 Pro users:
Some users are experiencing a crash on the PS4 Pro where if you try and run the game before enabling the headset while using a 4k TV it will crash.
Please make sure you start your PSVR headset before running the game.
- Increased super-sampling resolution
- Improved dynamic lighting in the Cobra cockpit
- Increased reflective lighting resolution
- Defend and Convoy missions are more balanced
- Difficulty randomization more even throughout campaign
- Enemy rank scaling more balanced throughout campaign
Bug, performance fixes and other changes
- Improved clarity of particle effects
- Fixed a rare framerate hitch during hangar sequence
- Fixed rare physics issue that caused players to leave game world
- Minor enemy behaviour tweaks